2020-2021 Updated Catalog through 2/22/2021 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Degree
BAS in Management and Supervision Degree
BAS in Project Management Degree
NWF State College is approved by the State of Florida Board of Education to offer the Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Project Management (BAS) and the Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Management and Supervision (BAS).
The BAS degree offers students a unique opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge necessary for career advancement in a variety of areas. Program content has been developed with input from local employers and is reflective of traditional business management degrees, as well as of the technical skills identified by various professional organizations.
There are four pre-planned areas of emphasis in the Management and Supervision program. Areas of specialization include:
There are four pre-planned areas of emphasis in the Project Management program. Areas of specialization include:
The BAS program provides a career-ladder for students who have already completed an associate’s degree and who wish to continue their education at the bachelor’s level, or beginning students may design a program of study for the degree as early as the freshman year if they have not yet obtained an associate’s degree.
Coursework for the degree is designed with the working student in mind and is offered with classes available evenings, weekends, in concentrated fast-track terms, through eCampus/Distance Learning, or structured as “blended/hybrid” classes (part traditional classroom and part non-traditional format). Coursework incorporates internships, seminars, and other work-based learning activities designed to ensure students acquire the latest skills and content. Students receive the full range of articulation and transfer rights guaranteed by Florida law through common course numbering and the statewide articulation agreement.
Graduation Requirements for the BAS Degrees
Students seeking a Bachelor of Applied Science degree must meet the following requirements:
- Complete applicable admission requirements for the program. See the Admissions section of the catalog.
- Complete at least 25% of the course work towards the program at NWF State College.
- Earn a minimum grade (“C”) in all core course work.
- Successfully complete all coursework within the emphasis of study with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00.
- Complete AA Degree General Education Requirements , including all Gordon Rule course requirements with minimum grades (“C”).
- Completion of two sequential credits in high school foreign language, a minimum of 6 credit hours in one foreign language at the college level or an appropriate score on an approved CLEP examination.
- Successfully complete at least forty (40) credits of approved upper division coursework in the major.
- Complete at least 50% of the upper division program course work in residence at NWF State College.
- Complete a minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) college credits applicable toward the BAS degree.
- Satisfy all outstanding obligations to the college.