May 27, 2024  
2024-2025 Catalog 
2024-2025 Catalog

Student Records


Academic Forgiveness

Academic Standing

Articulation of Workforce Courses/Credits

Credit by Alternative Means of Study

Credit for Armed Services Schools & Military Training

Dean’s and President’s Lists

Enrollment and Degree Verification



Grade Changes/Errors

Grade Grievances

Grades Table

Incomplete Grades

Repeating Courses

Student Contact Information

Student Records

Student Transcripts

Transfer Credit

Transient Students from NWFSC

Student Records

The Office of Academic Records and Enrollment serves as the custodian of education records for students who have attended Northwest Florida State College (NWFSC) or under any of its previous names. Personally identifiable information (PII) is released only upon the written and signed approval of the student in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please see the College’s FERPA section for additional information regarding federal law and student education records.

Student Transcripts


A transcript is a student’s official academic record.  Students have access to an unofficial copy of their transcript in the student portal, RaiderNet.

You can request official transcripts and learn more on our website:

Transcripts will not be released if the student has a Records hold on their account.

Students requesting an official transcript may do so online via the Transcripts website. Students have two options for requesting a transcript, depending on whether the receiving institution or entity participates in F.A.S.T.E.R. - the Florida Automated System for Transferring Educational Records. F.A.S.T.E.R. participants include the Florida public schools (67 districts), Florida College System institutions (28 colleges), State University System institutions (12), and the Florida Department of Education. 

F.A.S.T.E.R Participants

There is no fee for sending official transcripts to an institution and/or entity participating in the F.A.S.T.E.R. system. Students MUST request that their transcript be sent via the F.A.S.T.E.R. TRANSCRIPT REQUEST form to have the transcript fee waived. Transcripts will be sent within five (5) to ten (10) College business days of the request. Once NWFSC processes the request, it may take up to five (5) College business days for the receiving institution to receive the official transcript via F.A.S.T.E.R. (it may take longer depending on whether errors occur during sending/receiving of the electronic data exchange). It is highly recommended that the student follow up with the receiving institution and/or entity to confirm that the data exchange was successful. Students who mistakenly submit a request via Parchment on the Transcripts website will be charged the non-refundable transcript fee.

Non-Florida public school, state college, state university, or other entity

There is a fee for sending official transcripts to an institution and/or entity that does not participate in F.A.S.T.E.R. Students needing an official transcript sent to a non-participant MUST request their transcript via Parchment on the Transcripts website. Transcripts will be sent within five (5) to ten (10) College business days of the request. 

A separate transcript is created for each level of coursework (ex. one for Undergraduate and one for Workforce) and will display the course(s), grade(s), and cumulative GPA associated with that level. If a student has taken courses at more than one level, the student will need to order all transcripts by choosing the “Select All” option within the Parchment request portal.


Students have access to an unofficial copy fo their transcript in the RaiderNet student portal. 



GED Transcripts

NWFSC is not the entity of record for GED transcripts earned by NWFSC students. Each state’s Department of Education maintains its own GED transcripts. Students that received their GED in the State of Florida can obtain their GED transcript by contacting the Florida Department of Education via the FDOE website.


Student Contact Information

A student’s permanent record is maintained under the student’s legal name.  It is the student’s responsibility to notify NWFSC of any change in name, address, phone number, or email. Students can update their contact information within RaiderNet. Students needing to update their legal name with the College should contact the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment at


Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as Amended (FERPA), The Buckley Amendment

NWFSC upholds the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a federal law that grants students the right to inspect, review, and amend their education records. The College will not release or disclose information nor allow inspection of records without prior written permission from the student except under certain circumstances where, by law, prior consent is not required. Students have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education if they feel their records have been inappropriately released. A student’s FERPA rights begin when the student is “enrolled,” as defined by NWFSC as the point of registration.

Eligible Parent:

At a post-secondary institution, FERPA rights belong to the student, regardless of age. A parent or guardian providing documentation that supports the student is a current legal dependent for tax purposes may only review a student’s records if approval is granted by the supervisor for the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment.


NWFSC will provide students in attendance with annual notification of their rights available under FERPA.

Right to Review and Inspect:

Students have the right to review and inspect their permanent student records. A student desiring to review records may do so by submitting a request in writing to the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment, who will schedule such inspections within 45 College business days of the request. FERPA provides a student with the right to review and inspect their education records. Students may request a copy of their educational record. Electronic files will be provided at no charge.  A fee may be charged for printed copies. This is exclusive of the normal transcript service.

Waiver of Right to Inspect:

The Office of Academic Records and Enrollment does not provide confidential letters or statements of recommendation concerning admission to another educational institution or to accompany applications for employment. College staff and/or faculty who know the student personally may provide confidential letters or statements of recommendation only if the student has waived the right to inspect such letters or statements beforehand.

Right to Amend Educational Records:

The student, or eligible parents of the student may direct challenges related to the accuracy of the student’s education record to Office of Academic Records and Enrollment. If the College decides not to amend the record as requested, the supervisor of the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment will schedule a hearing within 10 College business days of initial notification of the challenge to allow the student to present evidence relevant to the matter at the hearing. The student, or eligible parents of the student, will be notified in writing of the results. A student can insert a statement in their record after a hearing regardless of the hearing outcome (whether the College maintains, upholds, or rules against the challenge).

Disclosure Policy:

There are two types of information distinguished under FERPA: personally identifiable information and directory information. Certain conditions exist regarding the disclosure of each kind of information. NWFSC complies as follows:

  • Personally Identifiable Information (PII):
    Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that includes identifying data such as social security number, academic work completed, grades, achievement test scores, aptitude test scores, health data, or other personal characteristics or information that would make the student’s identity easily traceable. Prior consent, in the form of a signed and dated document, must be provided by the student to authorize the College to disclose personally identifiable information. The consent must specify the educational records that may be disclosed, should state the purpose of the disclosure, and must identify the party or class of parties to whom the disclosure may be made. For convenience, a student may submit a FERPA Release to provide his or her written consent to release approved personally identifiable information to a designated party permanently or until the time the student provides a written request to revoke this access to the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment.
  • Directory Information:
    NWFSC has designated the following information as directory information and may be disclosed under FERPA without the student’s prior consent:
    • Name
    • Major
    • Dates of Attendance
    • Current Enrollment Status (FT/PT)
    • Degree(s) earned and date(s) awarded
    • Honors and awards
    • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
    • Height and weight of student-athletes
    • Student’s photographic image independent of any additional personal identifiers

A student has the right to prevent the release of their directory information by submitting the Directory Hold Request at least 10 College business days prior to enrolling in the term that the directory information block should begin. Submitting this form will place a confidentiality indicator on the student’s record that will signify that no directory information is to be released. Once a student obtains a confidential classification, it will not be removed until a signed authorization requesting it be removed is received by the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment. Please note that a student’s request to prevent the release of directory information will prevent a student’s name from being included in College publications including the Commencement program and any honors or award announcements. NWFSC assumes that a student’s failure to request a directory information block constitutes the student’s approval for disclosure.

Exceptions to the Disclosure Policy:

FERPA allows for the release of student records without the written consent of the student under the following conditions:

  • To school officials with a legitimate educational interest. The College has designated school officials as faculty, administration, professional employees, support staff, work-study students, or persons employed by or under contract to the College (example: an attorney or auditor) acting as an official agent of the College to perform a business function or service on behalf of the institution. Disclosure to a school official having a legitimate educational interest does not constitute institutional authorization to transmit, share, or disclose any or all information received to a third party. Unauthorized disclosure of personally identifiable information from the education record of the students is prohibited. A school official is determined to have a legitimate educational interest if the information requested is necessary for that official to:
  • perform appropriate tasks that are specified in his or her position description or by a contract agreement
  • institution research and studies 
  • perform a task related to a student’s education
  • perform a task related to the discipline of a student
  • provide a service or benefit relating to the student or student’s family, such as health care, counseling, job placement, or financial aid.
  • In compliance with a court order or subpoena
  • To parents of a dependent student or such parents as defined in Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (at the discretion of the supervisor of Academic Records and Enrollment)
  • To schools in which a student seeks or intends to enroll
  • To the Comptroller General of the United States, Attorney General of the United States, The Secretary of the Department of Education, and federal, state and local educational authorities involving an audit or evaluation of compliance with education programs
  • In connection with the financial aid process
  • In the event of a health or safety emergency where the information is required to resolve the emergency
  • If a student under the age of 21 has committed a drug or alcohol-related offense
  • As a result of a disciplinary hearing where the student is the perpetrator of a crime of violence or a non-forcible sex offense. Under this exception, information may be released to anyone, including the media. No information on the victim or witnesses may be released.
The Solomon Amendment (10 U.S.C. §§ 983, 503)

The Solomon Amendment is a federal law that requires institutions receiving federal funding to fulfill military recruitment requests for access to campus and for lists containing student recruiting information. It provides branches of the military access to certain student information which would have been denied them under FERPA. For students aged 17 and older, military recruiters may receive student recruiting information for either the immediately previous, current, or future term for all students who are/were registered in the requested semester/term. Student recruitment information includes names, addresses, student email addresses, and telephone listings, date and place of birth, levels of education, academic majors, degrees received, and the most recent educational institution enrolled in by the student. Military recruiters are entitled to student recruitment information even if NWFSC has not designated the information as directory information under FERPA. However, NWFSC may not release a student’s name, address, electronic mail address, and telephone listing if the student has submitted a request to NWFSC that the student’s information not be released. To request that NWFSC not disclose student recruitment information, complete the Directory Hold Request form found in the Forms section of Raider Central on the main website

Students’ Rights

A student has a right to file a complaint to the Student Privacy Policy Office, U. S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Ave., SW, Washington, D.C. 20202-8520, the office responsible for enforcing and administering the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. There are two basic requirements for a complaint to be properly filed against an institution in relation to FERPA infractions:

  • The complaint must be made within 180 days of when the infraction was discovered.
  • There must be sufficient facts (evidence) to prove the violation.

Enrollment and Degree Verification

The National Student Clearinghouse provides free enrollment and degree verifications for the purposes of employment, obtaining Military ID cards, Health Insurance, or background screening. The National Student Clearinghouse in cooperation with NWFSC has permitted current students to request enrollment verifications directly through RaiderNet, the student portal. If a student no longer has access to RaiderNet, they (and all third parties) should request verifications directly through the National Student Clearinghouse website

Transient Students from NWFSC

Currently enrolled degree-seeking students may request to concurrently enroll at another college or university under limited extenuating circumstances. Students must have approval on file with the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment prior to enrolling at the other institution. NWFSC students who will be concurrently enrolling at another Florida State College or State University System institution will request approval through FloridaShines by completing a transient application found on the Florida Shines website. NWFSC students who will be concurrently enrolling at an institution outside of the state of Florida must complete the College’s Transient Student Authorization Form. Upon completion of the course(s), it is the student’s responsibility to request an official transcript to be sent directly to the NWFSC Office of Academic Records and Enrollment to have the credit added to their academic record.

Students must meet the following criteria before approval can be granted:

  • Be a degree-seeking student in good academic standing

  • Meet pre-requisites and/or testing requirements for the course at NWFSC

  • The requested course must be needed for the student’s degree and/or certificate program at NWFSC




Grades are awarded in all college, career, and developmental courses, as well as in certain non-credit courses. NWFSC maintains permanent records for all students enrolled in a course. The student’s official transcript is a cumulative record of the student’s grades in each course in which the student was awarded a final grade. The table below shows the current letter grades that may appear on a student’s official transcript. Some grades are no longer awarded but may still appear on a student’s record if they previously attended NWFSC during a time in which the letter grade was actively used. If a student has a grade on their permanent record that does not appear in the table below, please refer to the archived College Catalog in effect when the grade was received or contact the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment for information regarding how that grade was previously used and/or how it is calculated on the student’s permanent record.

Grades Table

Academic Grade

   General Meaning

Quality Points toward GPA Calculations




















   In Progress



   No Grade









   Student Withdrew (non-punitive but counts as an attempt)



   Audit (does not count as an attempt)



   Changed to Audit After Schedule Adjustment Period (counts as an attempt)


Grade Point Average (GPA)

In addition to the letter grade earned in each attempted course, the student’s permanent record also contains grade point average (GPA) calculations. The student’s GPA is used in determining academic standing, graduation readiness, eligibility for the President’s and Dean’s Lists, and other academic-related decisions. The semester GPA represents the average of all grades earned during a given semester. The cumulative GPA represents the average of all grades earned during the student’s entire attendance history at NWFSC. Beginning with the Fall 2015 semester, transfer grades are no longer included in the calculation of a student’s GPA. However, transfer grades would be included in a student’s cumulative GPA if those transfer grades were previously added to the student’s permanent record prior to the 2015 - 2016 Catalog. Developmental courses are not included in any GPA calculations.

To determine the GPA, multiply the number of quality points for each grade received by the number of credit hours for that course. Then divide the total number of quality points by the total number of GPA hours attempted (excluding courses with W, I, and Audit grades). GPAs for Workforce and Undergraduate Level courses are calculated separately.

Credit hours used in GPA calculations are those credits in which a grade of A-F has been awarded. The current grades of I, IP, NG, P, S, W, WN, X, and XC do not carry grade quality points. However, in certain other circumstances, such as the determination of repeat enrollments, and in the computation of certain specialized GPAs, credits that carry these grades may be included in the GPA computation.













American Literature












Health Science























33/15 = 2.20



All General Education courses use a common grading scale, as noted below. For other courses, students should reference the course syllabus to identify the specific course grading scale. If this information is not found within the course syllabus, the student should contact the instructor.

Numerical Grade Range

Letter Grade












Dean’s and President’s Lists

When the quality of a student’s work is superior, the College is pleased to honor such work for students enrolled in all programs at the Undergraduate (college credit) Level.


Any student with nine (9) or more earned college credit hours in the semester and a semester grade point average of 3.80 - 4.00 in college-level courses is placed on the President’s List.


Any student with nine (9) or more earned college credit hours in the semester and a semester grade point average of 3.50 - 3.79 in college-level courses is placed on the Dean’s List.

Incomplete Grades

At the instructor’s discretion, a grade of “I” may be given when a student is unable to complete the required work because of clearly documented extenuating circumstances and if the student has demonstrated successful completion of a significant portion of the course requirement that they have a reasonable chance of successfully completing the course. The instructor will provide the respective Department Chair/Program Director and the student concerned an outline of the work that must be completed, including an estimate of the student’s grade as it stands for work already completed during the semester. Work for the removal of the “I” must be completed prior to the LAST CLASS DAY in the next 16-week term immediately following the current term, except where course requirements mandate otherwise. Students completing coursework to remove the “I” must do so outside the regular classroom setting. Once the student has completed the remaining course requirements, the instructor will submit a grade change indicating the final letter grade to the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment. If the student does not complete the course requirements by the deadline, the “I” grade will automatically revert to a punitive “F” on the official transcript. A student will not be permitted to re-enroll in a course in which they have an outstanding grade of “I” or for a class that has that course as a pre-requisite or co-requisite.

Repeating Courses

Repeating a Course to Improve the Grade

State Rule 6A-14.0301 addresses repeated courses and grade forgiveness. If a student receives a grade of F or W (or a grade of D for a course that requires a grade of C or higher) in any college credit, career, or developmental course, they may repeat the course to improve the grade (if the system restricts registration on the second attempt, the student should contact a Student Success Navigator to receive a registration override). A third and fourth attempt may be allowed only through an academic petition process based on major extenuating circumstances. Students can request a third or fourth attempt via the Third or Fourth Attempt Request Form. A fifth attempt is not permitted.

On any third or fourth attempt, the student will be awarded the letter grade earned and will not be allowed to withdraw from the course. If a course is dropped prior to the close of the schedule adjustment period, or if audit status is declared prior to the end of the schedule adjustment period, the enrollment will not count as one of the attempts. However, if the student withdraws from the course after the schedule adjustment period has ended, when grades are calculated at the end of the semester, that initial “W” grade will convert to a final punitive grade of “F” and will appear on the student’s official transcript.

For any course repeated, whether it is credit earned at NWFSC or awarded through transfer credit, credit-by-exam, or credit articulations, only credit from the last (most recent) attempt will be used in the computation of the student’s GPA and will be eligible to fulfill graduation requirements (the previous attempt(s) remain on the official transcript but are excluded from GPA calculations and cannot be used to meet graduation requirements). Sometimes, such as cases involving transfer credit or credit-by-exam, a student’s successful course completion is not the most recent attempt. If a student would like to request that a prior attempt be used toward GPA calculations and for meeting graduation requirements, the student should submit a course petition form found in the forms section of Raider Central on the main website. 

Repeating a course does result in an adjusted GPA; however, if a course is repeated after the student has been awarded an NWFSC degree or certificate, the student’s cumulative GPA may change, but will not affect the credential(s) previously awarded to the student. Students should be aware that some private colleges and universities, out-of-state institutions, and some Florida public universities (depending on the student’s major) may not accept the revised NWFSC GPA or treat the repeated course(s) in the same manner.

Per Florida Statute 1009.285, after the second attempt in any college-credit or developmental course, a student will be required to pay the full cost of instruction (the out-of-state rate; approximately four times the usual matriculation fees) to repeat the course. A student may petition to have the out-of-state portion waived based on documented extenuating circumstances by submitting the Full Cost Waiver Form found under the Forms section of RaiderNet. For more information, please contact a Student Success Navigator at or (850) 502-2895.

Once a student has successfully completed a course, they are normally not permitted to repeat the course. In certain special or compelling circumstances, it may be possible to re-enroll after successful completion, but the student will have to seek approval by submitting the Repeat a Previously Completed Class For A Grade Request Form. Such approved circumstances include, for example, NWFSC selective admission program requirements, teacher re-certification, license renewal, and mandated professional development. Both grades will appear on the student’s permanent record. A student may not register for a course they have already successfully completed until they have an approved Repeat a Previously Completed Class For A Grade Request Form on file with the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment.

Repeating a Course for Credit toward Graduation

Certain courses, such as those in the fine and performing arts or physical education, may be repeated for credit toward graduation. The specific courses and the number of allowable repeat enrollments are provided in the course description section of this Catalog. Only those courses designated as repeatable for credit fall into this category.

When a course is repeated under these circumstances, the Full Cost of Instruction rule is not applicable until the maximum number of creditable repeats has been reached. All grades and credits associated with the allowable number of repeats will be considered in the student’s GPA and will be considered in determining the credits for program completion. Once the maximum number of enrollments has been reached, additional enrollments will be treated as specified in the previous section on course repeats and may be subject to the Full Cost of Instruction rule.

Repeating Non-Credit Courses

Courses taken through the College’s Non-Credit Programs such as Costa Leadership Institute, Kids on Campus, and Futures Forward are not subject to repeat rules.

Grade Changes/Errors

If a student believes that an administrative error has occurred in the recording or the computation of their final course grade, the student should contact the instructor or the appropriate Division Department immediately. If an error has occurred, an adjustment to the student’s permanent record (transcript) will be made within approximately ten (10) College business days after the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment has received the instructor’s approved grade change request. The deadline to report such concerns is within thirty (30) days of the end of the semester in which the original grade was awarded (the last day of the semester is identified as the Last Day of Term for Students for Session 1). For example, a student seeking to report a grade error for a Fall course must contact their instructor no later than 30 days after the Last Day of Term for Students listed for Session 1 on the Fall Academic Calendar.

If a student has documentation of extraordinary or emergency circumstances which warrant recording a course withdrawal (“W”) after the published deadline, they must submit the withdraw Form. Please see the Withdrawing from Courses section of the Catalog for detailed information on the College’s withdrawal policies and procedures. 

Grade Grievances

Please refer to the Grade Grievance policy in the Student Handbook  for more information.

Academic Forgiveness

Currently enrolled, degree-seeking students who have been unsuccessful academically (i.e., grades of “D’s” and “F’s”) and whose credits are five or more years old may seek relief from the effect of those credits on their GPA at NWFSC by submitting the Academic Forgiveness Request Form. If the request is granted, it will apply to all credits and grades earned during and prior to the semester specified (including transfer courses), and the student will not be permitted to count any of those credits toward graduation requirements. The courses and grades will remain on the student’s permanent record (transcript) but will not be considered in GPA computations at NWFSC. Please note that Financial Aid is required by federal regulation to include all credit hours attempted in calculating eligibility for Federal Financial Aid. Academic Forgiveness cannot be granted to students who have already graduated with a degree and/or certificate from NWFSC at the same level for which they are seeking the Grade Relief Option (For example, if a student is seeking academic forgiveness for an undergraduate level course(s) and the student already graduated from NWFSC with an undergraduate degree and/or certificate, then the student is not eligible for Academic Forgiveness.

A student requesting this option should be aware that the relief may not be honored by other colleges and universities; other institutions may continue to consider the older credits and grades in evaluating the student’s work. Relief through this process does not excuse the student from restrictions related to repeating courses or from compliance with other applicable college policies. Once Academic Forgiveness has been awarded, the student is not permitted to request its reversal.

Academic Standing

The College has set academic standards ranging from recognition of excellence for superior progress to the discontinuance of enrollment for inadequate progress towards these standards. Students will receive an academic standing designation for the level associated with the student’s primary program of study. The standards apply to both full-time and part-time students. They apply to those students who are seeking a degree or award and those who are not. Students enrolled in a Selective Admissions program should contact the appropriate department or division office for information on programmatic certification and/or professional accreditation standards as they pertain to demonstrating satisfactory academic progress as these may vary by program.

Good Standing

Academic Standing is calculated at the end of each semester. A student who achieves a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 shall be classified as in Good Academic Standing with the College for the given semester. A student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 to remain in Good Standing in subsequent semesters.

Not in Academic Good Standing

When a student fails to achieve the 2.00 cumulative GPA, the College will place certain restrictions on future course registrations. Students “Not in Academic Good Standing” are encouraged to take advantage of the academic support services offered by the College. Students seeking additional information on these academic support services should contact Student Success Navigation at (850) 502-2895 or There are three distinct designations for students that are classified as “Not in Academic Good Standing” and the following regulations apply:

Academic Warning

If a student’s cumulative GPA falls below 2.00, they will be placed on Academic Warning.

When a student is placed on Academic Warning, it is strongly recommended that you talk with a Student Success Navigator to discuss your education plan and information regarding academic support services before the next registration. Student Success Navigators can be reached at (850) 502-2895 or

To be removed from Academic Warning at the end of the next semester, the student must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.

Academic Probation

If a student’s cumulative GPA falls below 2.00 for two successive semesters (i.e., the student was placed on Academic Warning but was unable to achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 by the end of the subsequent semester of enrollment), they will be placed on Academic Probation.   

When a student is placed on Academic Probation, they will be restricted to only 12.00 credit hours of registration and be required to meet with a Student Success Navigator once before the semester begins and again immediately following midterm. It is incumbent upon the student to schedule and to attend these meetings. A Student Success Navigator may recommend or require various remedies to promote academic success, including but not limited to, tutoring, reduced course load, and/or change of major. Students who fail to satisfy the advising requirement, or who do not follow through on any conditions attached to their probationary status, may be prevented from making changes to their course schedule and/or registering for classes in the next semester. To schedule an appointment with a Student Success Navigator, please contact (850) 502-2895 or

To be removed from Academic Probation, a student must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.

Academic Suspension

If a student’s cumulative GPA falls below 2.00 for three successive semesters (i.e., the student was placed on Academic Warning, then Academic Probation, but was still unable to achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 by the end of the subsequent semester of enrollment), they will be placed on Academic Suspension. 

A student placed on Academic Suspension will be prevented from further course registration and dropped from any courses in which they may have already enrolled for any future term. The duration of the suspension will last for one semester (one Fall, Spring, or Summer semester).

However, students who feel they can be academically successful the subsequent term and would like to appeal the mandatory one semester suspension may submit an Academic Suspension Appeal Form prior to the beginning of the semester for which the student wishes to register. Students placed on Academic Suspension will be notified via their student email account of applicable deadlines. Should the appeal be granted, the student will be restricted to 12 or less credits (the student’s pas academic performance and current GPA will be considered to determine how many total credit hours the student may enroll). Approval may also depend on the satisfaction of certain probationary conditions. Failure to satisfy any probationary conditions may result in the student being placed back on Academic Suspension. If approved, the appeal will only apply to the semester requested and in no way guarantees continued enrollment beyond said term. At the end of the semester, the student’s cumulative GPA will be re-calculated, and the student must achieve a minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA to be removed from Academic Suspension. If placed on Academic Suspension again at the end of the semester, the student will need to continue to submit the Academic Suspension Appeal Form for each semester they would like to enroll until such time as the minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA is achieved. Should their Academic Suspension Appeal be denied, the student will be required to cease enrollment for one semester as stipulated in the initial suspension notice.

For students who do not initially file an Academic Suspension Appeal Form or whose Academic Suspension Appeal Form has been denied, once they have sat out their mandatory semester, the student will need to submit the Academic Suspension Appeal Form in order to have their account cleared for registration. At this time, the student will be placed back on Academic Probation for no more than one semester and subject to the rules corresponding to the Academic Probation status.

Please note that the College’s Academic Standing policy may differ from the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) calculated for Financial Aid Eligibility Federal regulations (34 CFR 668.34) that require a student to move toward the completion of a degree or certificate within an eligible program when receiving financial aid. Specific requirements for academic progress for financial aid recipients are applied differently than the College’s Academic Standards of Warning, Probation, and Suspension. Federal regulations state that Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards must include a review of all periods of enrollment, regardless of whether or not aid was received. The student must meet all the minimum standards to receive financial aid. Federal regulation requires the College to fully consider all credit hours attempted when determining aid eligibility and does not make an exception for any developmental courses or multiple attempts. For more information, please visit

In accordance with U.S. Code Title 38 and Title 10, the law requires that educational assistance benefits to student veterans and eligible family members be discontinued when the student ceases to make satisfactory progress toward completion of their training objective.

Veteran students and eligible family members are ineligible for VA benefits beyond two consecutive terms on Academic Warning and Academic Probation. Student veterans or eligible family members VA Education benefits will be terminated following the second subsequent term of enrollment where their Academic Standing is listed as Academic Warning or Academic Probation. If a student veteran or eligible family member is placed on Academic Suspension per the current college catalog, VA Education benefits will be terminated immediately. Students may be re-certified for VA Education benefits ONLY after achieving the minimum required cumulative grade point average (2.0) at NWFSC and submitting a VA Form 22-1995 or 22-5495 (Chapter 35).