Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS)
The Associate of Applied Science degree is a two-year, non-transfer college credit curricula designed to prepare students for employment in various technical and semi-professional
fields. The A.A.S. degree consists of a minimum of 60 college credits, of which at least 18 are general education courses. Because the A.A.S. degree is not intended for transfer, the selection of general education and technical courses is broader and more flexible than that of the A.S. degree.
Graduation Requirements for A.A.S. Degree
A.A.S. degree students must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete the A.A.S. general education courses as appropriate to the program of study, including Speaking-Across-the-Curriculum, Technology-Across-the-Curriculum, and minimum grade requirements.
- Complete at least fifteen credits of the technical core courses and technical elective courses specified in the degree program at NWF State College, unless there is an established articulation agreement.
- Complete at least 25% of the credits at NWF State College.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 for all college credit course work pursued at NWF State College.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 for all college credit course work pursued, whether at NWF State College or by transfer.
- Complete A.A.S. General Education requirements.
Customizing an A.A.S. Degree to Meet a Specific Career Goal
In order to provide a student with the strongest technical background feasible, some technical courses within a given degree program may be adjusted to meet the student’s targeted career goal. In these special cases, course substitutions may be approved upon request of the appropriate department chair to the Dean of Career and Technical Education.
Department: Applied Management
Associate in Applied Science