BS in Nursing Degree
The baccalaureate nursing program at NWF State College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One DuPont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202) 887-6791. For more information regarding disclosure, please review pages 15-16 of the CCNE Procedures for Accreditation of Baccalaureate and Graduate Degree Nursing Programs (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation/Procedures.pdf). The program is an R.N. to BSN degree career ladder and is open to applicants who currently hold a valid Registered Nursing license and have completed an ADN or diploma program. The program can be completed in three to four semesters. Program content for the BSN program meets those specified in Florida’s A.S. to B.S. Articulation Manual. All theory courses are taught on-line from the NWF State College Niceville Campus and clinical instruction targets the specific needs of Okaloosa and Walton healthcare providers.
Graduation Requirements for the BS in Nursing Degree
Students seeking the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) must meet the following requirements:
- Complete applicable admission requirements for the program. See the Admissions section of the catalog.
- Complete at least 25% of the course work towards the program at NWF State College.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 for all college credit course work pursued at NWF State College.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 for all college credit course work pursued, whether at NWF State College or by transfer.
- Earn a minimum grade (“C”) in all upper division course work.
- Complete A.A. General Education requirements, including all Gordon Rule course requirements with minimum grades (“C”).
- Completion of two sequential credits in high school foreign language, a minimum of 6 credit hours in one foreign language at the college level or an appropriate score on an approved CLEP examination.
- Complete at least 50% of the upper division program course work (not to include portfolio assessment) in residence at NWF State College.
- Complete a minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) college credits applicable toward the BSN degree.
- Satisfy all outstanding obligations to the college.